This article discusses
- What is a Team
- What you need to be able to setup a team
- How to setup a team
- What team permissions are available, and what they mean
A Team is a feature that allows multiple users to have access and edit the same set of pages. This allows different Team members to be able to make the changes and updates they need to do, instead of everything being done through one single user.
To be able to setup a Team, you need the following:
- To have primary access to the pages you want to be part of the Team. This means that, before the Team is created, you need to be able to see those pages on your Dashboard.
- To have the appropriate permission assigned to your account. If this isn't already the case, please contact your account manager to discuss giving it to you.
Once you're properly setup and have current ownership of the pages, as well as the correct permission, a new link on the navigation bar should now be available to you. Clicking on it will open a page where you will find all the teams you are part of.
To create a new team, click on the "Create new Team" in the top right corner. This will bring up the following pop up.
- Name - This is the name of your team. We suggest naming it after the main page that will be assigned to the Team. For example "Chilworth Manor", as this will also be the name displayed for any Team member that you will invite. It also helps avoid any confusion when you are part of multiple Teams.
- Pages - Clicking on it will show a list of all the Pages (Places or Operators) that you own. Selecting one or more of them will assign them to the team, as well as any children pages such as Events, Promotions, or Ships (for Operators). This will allow Team members to get editing rights to those pages, as well as creation rights for any Events and Promotions
- Galleries - Clicking on it will show a list of all the Galleries that you own. Selecting one or more of them will assign it/them to this Team. This will allow other Team members to select those images, as well as upload new ones in them.
- Widgets - Clicking on it will show a list of all the Widgets that you own. Selecting one or more of them will allow other Team members to see those Widgets in the Widget Factory, as well as give them permissions to edit them.
- Themes - If you have any Themes setup for your Widgets, select them in this field will allow other Team members to use them during the creation or edit of Widgets
- Add Users - Type in the name of the users you would like added to this Team. After having entered an email, a dropdown will appear, with the information Widgety has associated with this email address. If the email is unknown, only the email address will show, with an 'Invite User' button. If the email is known, this will also show the name and picture of the user on Widgety, with an 'Add User' button.
- Members - This section will show any members which have been added to the team.
Once you have filled in all the fields, click on the 'Create Team' button at the bottom of the pop up. This will invite all the members that you have provided. If the user is new to Widgety, the invite will prompt them to create a Widgety account, as well.
There are currently 2 levels of permissions in Teams:
- Owner is the person who created the Team. They are able to edit which pages are assigned to the Team, invite and remove members, as well as set them as 'Admin'. There can only be one Owner in a Team.
- Members set as Admin are able to invite and delete users in the Team. There can be as many Admins as you want
Admins can be assigned by clicking on the 'Make Admin' button on a Team page. The user will then be indicated as Admin, and the button will be replaced by 'Make Member', which would bring back this user as a regular member.