- Viking Cruises - as the cruise line made us aware that flight prices are now always included in the price of the cruise, all cruises from Viking will now be provided as travel_type = fly cruise. The headline price field "fly_cruise_price" will now also always display the same amount as the cruise_only_price field, since flights are included. As we are aware some of you have already setup some rules specific to Viking due to the way flight information is provided for them, we are delaying the release of this update until the 17th of March
- Hurtigruten - the integration is now in its final testing stages and will be sent to the cruise line for testing next week. Should everything be approved the integration will be launched the following week.
Princess Cruises - the integration with their new pricing files is now in its final testing stages. Should everything be fine, they will start being used during the week instead of the current ones. Please note that this integration will bring in a lot of additional pricing options for their cruises, which might increase the duration of your usual update schedule. Once the integration is released, the following rates will be fed through where applicable:
- NDN - Best Fare
- NL1 - Best Fare
- NPA - Best Value
Avalon Waterways - following their recent API upgrade, we have been working to integrate with the updated format and data. This is currently still being tested, however we are planning to release it at some point during the week. When this happens, you will see the following changes:
- Flight prices will unfortunately no longer be available. They explained:
We continue to offer flights from more than 20 UK airports – far more than we could ever provide automated pricing for – that consultants and agents can access via our contact centre, and through an improved Travel Agent Portal coming in mid-March.
- Cruises with additional pre and post package options will now start feeding out. For example: cruise "A Culinary Experience in Burgundy & Provence (Southbound)" will also have "A Culinary Experience in Burgundy & Provence with 1 Night in Marseille (Southbound)" and "A Culinary Experience in Burgundy & Provence with 2 Nights in Paris & 1 Night in Marseille (Southbound)" available as separate cruises in our API. Please note that this will increase in the amount of cruise by a considerable amount will bring in a lot of additional pricing options for their cruises, which might increase the duration of your usual update schedule
- Celestyal Cruises - the integration is now being updated daily early in the morning, instead of weekly
- American Cruise Lines - the USD exchange rate has been updated to 1.28
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines - Please note that, though the cruises for the 2021-22 programme have been released in their flat files and are now feeding through the Widgety API, we were made aware that the pricing currently provided is for a specific customer base, and that public pricing will only become available on Monday when the cruises go on general sale
- Cruise Search - the sections in Useful to Know now display formatted text instead of raw text
- Ships API - Users are now able to request ship information without the list of cruises available for that ship in the response. You can do this for both the ships/get and ships/get_all requests. To do this, add in the new boolean parameter include_cruise to your request, and set it to 'false'. If this param isn't provided in the request, the default behaviour is set to 'true' which will display those cruises.