Seadream Yacht Club - following a request by the cruise line, the integration logic will be updated so as to include the port charges/taxes in the prices we provide. To prevent any issues with logics that might already be in place on your system, this change will go live on Wednesday 26 April during the day. Please note that this mean the prices we provide will stop matching the prices advertised in the search results of the SeaDream website, as they only mention port charges/taxes as text on the individual cruise pages.
What do I need to do:
What do I need to do:
- API: Please make sure your website isn’t set up to add in these amounts before that day, otherwise the pricing on your website will include the taxes twice.
- Cruise Search: you do not need to do anything, the prices will start including taxes on the 26th when the update has gone live.
TUI River Cruises - Unfortunately Widgety will no longer be providing content for TUI River Cruises as they wish to focus on working with agents directly. The cruises, ships and brochures will be removed as detailed below. For up to date ship information and cruises please refer to the TUI website.
On Thursday 18th May, all cruises will be removed from the system. The ships will remain on the system should the operator become supported again, however they will no longer be available through the TUI River Cruises fleet on Widgety.What impact does this have on my product?
- Cruise Search: All content (ships and cruises) will disappear from the FIND A CRUISE and FIND A SHIP searches respectively.
- Brochure Rack: Any applicable brochures will disappear from the Widget.
- Ship iFrames: as the ships will still be on the system, any Ship iFrames for them will still work as they do currently. However, please note that no support and update will be available for these specific iFrames following the removal of the Operator. We highly suggest you remove them from your website if you can.
- API: the deletion might have an impact on your integration depending on which flow you are using and what content your system is expecting to receive. If your flow includes any direct requests to the operator or its ships, you will start be receiving an error in the response. You will also receive an error should you filter your request by a specific operator slug.